Lesson 4 Practice
The best way to do your practice is to use My Practice Assistant which is available free on your dashboard. Click the practice tab above and then select replace Current Active Routine (your old one will be saved in Inactive Routines). Then go to your dashboard (link top right of screen) and then select the Practice tab - and off you go!
Here’s a breakdown of what a typical 20-minute practice session should look like to practice everything you’ve learned in Lesson 4:
- Finger Stretch exercise: 2 minutes
- Chord Perfect – D Minor: 1 minute
- Chord Perfect – Whichever chord you find most difficult: 1 minute
- Two sessions of One-Minute Changes – Whichever chord changes you find most difficult: 2 minutes
- Practice Old Faithful strumming pattern: 2 minutes
- Practice riff – Sunshine of Your Love: 2 minutes
- Song work: 10 minutes
You’ll be ready to move on when...
- You can get around 30 chord changes in one minute
- You’ve memorized all of the chords you’ve learned so far – A, D, E, Am, Dm, Em
- You’ve got the Old Faithful strumming down consistently and comfortably on muted strings, preferably with a metronome
- You can get through the Sunshine riff
- You’re able to play at least one song decently well most of the way through
- LESSON STEPS -
Found an issue?
Please submit it. This will help me make constant improvements to better your experience.