Tammy Lesson 2
Tammy did great for her first couple of weeks practice and did all her homework and made great progress!
Note down any new discoveries you make during the week as it will help inform the next lesson and the direction - super important in the early stages of lesson planning (for teachers!).
5' • Down Strums With Metronome
- Download the JustinGuitar Time Trainer metronome (there is an Android version, but it's being remade!)
- Set tempo to 80-100bpm and strum down strums with the click
- Stay aware of where you are, are you rushing or dragging... find the sweet spot where it feels good!
5' • Strumming Explorations
- Try making up your own strumming patterns
- Full lesson this process is at Struggling With Strumming
- Work them out - then follow along, then internalize them if you like them
- Once you know it - make it feel good and relaxed!
n/a • Music Theory
n/a • Notes On Neck
- It'll be part of the theory anyway, but make sure you know all the notes on the thickest string!
n/a • Jamming
- One person plays open chords
- Other person finds those open chords are barre chords (this helps with your barres practice and notes on the neck, and strumming!!)
- Do as much of this as you can!
Put On The To Do Later List!
From previous weeks!
- Picked Fingerstyle
- Layering parts for recording
- Making a second part when jamming with someone (started in lesson 2!)
Added this week
- Open strings in barres
- Easy fingerstyle patterns
- Notes On String 5
- LESSON STEPS -
Found an issue?
Please submit it. This will help me make constant improvements to better your experience.