Legato 2: Flick-Offs
In this second Legato Primer lesson, we get to grips with using Flick-Offs (also called Pull-Offs, PO or HO) with the Major Scale Pattern 1 (3NPS System) - make sure you have that scale pattern well down before you start on this stuff! You need to know it from memory.
Take your time when learning this and focus on getting the notes clear and strong. Let your fingers 'dance' later (Part 4!).
I would recommend at least a week (5 mins a day) on this before starting on the next lesson where we'll look at playing these as 16th notes and break out of picking with the metronome click!
1. Slowly, slowly, catchy monkey!
2. When 'turning around' and coming back down the scale - you can play the thinnest string once or twice, up to you. Same on the thickest string.
3. Don't pick too hard or the lines will become 'lumpy', eventually, you want all notes to have a controlled dynamics and even accent notes that are not picked.
4. Use the tips of the fingers, not the flat of the pad.
5. Don't overdo it if your hand gets sore!
- LESSON STEPS -
Found an issue?
Please submit it. This will help me make constant improvements to better your experience.